- 2-4 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice, apple cider or balsamic or vinegar of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard - Not that bright yellow stuff!
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic chopped fine or put through a garlic press
- Pinch of salt, a few grindings of fresh pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup organic olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar or agave nectar or a drop of stevia(optional)
Mix together the lemon juice or vinegar, mustard and worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Add garlic, salt and pepper and the sugar.
Now, with a fork or little whisk or one of those battery powered little whizzers, add the oil in a thin stream and beat it in with your fork or whisk to emulsify the oil. Taste it and adjust seasonings as these measurements are approximate.
I make this every few days and have been doing it for years. Sometimes I might add fresh herbs or some crumbled gorgonzola or feta cheese to kick it up a little. It’s simple and delicious and lets the salad really shine! You can even add a tablespoon of mayonnaise, sour cream or yogurt to make it creamy.